For each question, click on the radio button beside your answer. You will be notified immediately whether your choice is correct or not. Double-clicking may work better in some browsers.
1. Pushing the Power button on the front of a computer while the computer
is on will _____.
cold boot the computer
warm boot the computer
reset the computer to the original settings
the computer off without closing any open programs
2. A parallel port is most often used by a ______.
external storage devices
3. To remove static before touching the inside of a computer, you should _____.
touch something metal
touch something wooden
wash your hands
unplug the computer
4. A device that provides emergency power to your computer, conditions the voltage, and protects against powers surges is called a _____.
PSU = Power Supply Unit
USP = Universal Surge Protector
UPPS = Universal Power Protection and Supply
UPS = Uninterruptible Power Supply
5. The drive that receives an optical disc is the _____ drive.
CD or DVD
6. The computer must be off to connect or disconnect a _____ port.
7. The cable connecting the hard drive to the motherboard _____.
is a ribbon cable
has a single prong
has angles sides to prevent plugging in upside down.
is color-coded to prevent misconnection
8. A period of low voltage on your electric power lines is a _____.
9. A device that is connected to the motherboard is _____.
called an external device
called an adjunct device
must connect using ribbon cable
called a peripheral device
10. The device that converts power from a wall outlet to the type that the computer needs is the _____
Teachers: Request permission to use this site with your class
a local copy with no ads? - Download or Disc
Want to help?
~~ 1 Cor. 10:31 ...whatever you do, do it all for the
glory of God. ~~
Last updated: March 24, 2017