Exercise Word 1-3: Computers Today Subscription
What you will do:
enter text and format it
insert an image from a file and
prepare for print & print
Start with: a blank Word document
in the words and blank lines as shown above.
- Format Line 1 with Font = Britannic Bold; Size = 48; Color = White. Center. It disappears! Don't worry. It's not
really gone. You'll find it again in a few steps.
- Line 2 - Font = Britannic Bold; Size = 22; Font Style = Bold Italic, Color = White. Center
- Line 7 - Size = 18; Bold
- Lines 8 - 11 - Size = 16; Bold
- Line 15 - size = 18; Bold; Center
- Lines 17 - Size = 24; Bold; Center
- Lines 18,19, & 20 - Size = 12; Bold
- Select lines 1 & 2 and apply a shading of Violet. [Called Dk Magenta in
- Make lines 8 - 11 a bulleted list using the Bullets button.
the list twice with the Indent button.
- Move the
cursor to line 4.
- Insert an image: | | . Select
computer.wmf in your word folder of your
resources files, and click on the
Can't find it?? If you have trouble finding the right folder and you know the
path, you can type it in. If you used the default location for the
resources files, the path is:
If that doesn't work, use on the Start menu and search the hard drive for
Your instructor may have placed a copy somewhere else. If you can't find it on the hard drive either, ask your instructor for a copy of the file. If all else fails, use some other image related to computers.
the image, if necessary, to be just a little wider than the second line of text.
- Create a header containing your name, 2 spaces, the date on the left, tab twice, and type Exercise Word 1-3 on the right.
- Spell check. Note that the two names aren't in the dictionary. So look at
the spelling very carefully. Do not add these names to the dictionary.
- Check Print Preview and make any needed changes. Use the context Help button to
check the formatting.
- Save as flyer-Computers Today.doc in the word project1 folder on your Class disk.
How to handle a full disk
- Close the document once you have checked the printed copy.