Exercise Database 4-4: On Your Own
What you will do:
||Create a database of your own|
You will create a database of your own which includes numbers for some
kind of calculation. These might be prices or scores or whatever is
useful to you.
Suggestions for type of database:
- club members with addresses, phone numbers, dues paid or not,
club office held...
- records of a science fair experiment
- sales of several products by type or date or region or
- events scheduled at a theater or show ring with name of event,
responsible person or organization, dates, times, fee, paid or
not, description of event
- customers and their orders (requires 3 main tables)
- courses taken with data on semester or dates, instructor, name of
course, school, details of course content, final grade, cost, average
- Create a new, blank database. Save it with the name
ex4-your name.mdb to your Class disk in
the folder databases project4. (Replace "yourname"
in the file name with your own name, of course!)
- Create at least 3 related tables, using the method of your
- Create at least 1 query that used fields from at least 2 tables.
- Create at least 1 form to enter data into one of your tables.
- Include a subform to show the related records.
- Add at least 10 records to your primary table and at least 4
related records for some of those in the primary table.
- Create a printable form and
Print one of the records.
- Create a report that summarizes the data.
- Create a report that uses a subreport, either with each record
or providing a summary in the report header or footer.
- Create one of the special forms and reports: switchboard, custom
dialog, labels report, chart report, report with multiple columns
of your reports.
Print the Relationships.
~~ 1 Cor. 10:31 ...whatever you do, do
it all for the glory of God. ~~