- In the Macro Builder, the Action column lists things
like "Open Form", "Close", "Save", that you want to
happen when the macro runs
- The active cell in a datasheet or spreadsheet receives the
action or keystrokes. In an Excel spreadsheet the
active cell has a dark, wider
border. In a datasheet the Row Selector will
have an arrow in it and the cursor will be blinking
in the active cell.
- action query
- A query which performs an action with the
records/fields selected by the query. Action queries
include Make-Table, Append, Delete, and Update queries.
- aggregate function
- A function which groups values together, such as a
sum, average, count, maximum, or minimum.
- Controls: To line up controls evenly, either
horizontally or vertically.
- Text in a control: To arrange text as
centered or aligned to the left or right of a control.
- Analyze It with Excel
- A wizard for exporting data to Excel format
- Append query
- A query which add records to an existing table.
- Function: Choices that must be made for a
function to work. For example the IIF function requires
3 arguments: the condition to test for, what to show if
the condition is true, and what to show if the condition
- Design dialog: A secondary choice that you
must make, such as choosing Currency after choosing
Number as the data type. Or in the Macro Builder, once
you choose "Open Query" as the action, you must specify
which query to open. The name of the query is an
- Auto Activate
- For an OLE object, the property that determines what
program will be used to open the object when it is
- Creates a one-column form immediately, using all of
the fields in the selected table or query.
- A combination of formatting choices that is saved as
a style and can be applied through the AutoFormat
- A field which automatically numbers a new record.
- Creates a plain, white data access page putting
all of the fields in the selected table or query into
a single column on a white background.
- Creates a report immediately putting all of the
fields in the selected table or query into a single
- A company which produces a number of commonly
available types of labels and other office products.
- A function which averages the values.
Syntax: Avg(expr) where expr stands
for a string expression that identifies the field whose
values you want to average. Avg adds all the values and
divides by how many values there were. Avg ignores Null