- Able to display but cannot be changed.
- Forms: A form that is read-only will not allow the user
to add records or edit records.
- A set of fields which belong together, like a complete name
and address or a complete sales order.
- record selector
- Area at the left of a datasheet or form that, when clicked,
selects the whole record.
- Record Source
- A property of a form or report which tells where the records
are coming from.
- referential integrity
- Making sure that records are not deleted or changed that are
referred to by other records and that every object and field that
is referred to, does actually exist.
- Regional Settings
- An icon on the Control Panel opens a dialog which lets you
choose a language and country for your regional settings. This
affects what Windows and Windows programs use as a unit of
measure for distances and currency and also how dates and times
- A relationship defines how two tables are connected. Tables
must share at least one field. A relationship can be One-to-One,
One-to-Many, or Many-to-Many.
- relational database
- A database which uses several tables that are related by
sharing a common field.
- Displays related tables. Join lines show which fields are
matched between the tables.
- A print-out which formats the records in a table or the
results of a query in a way that is easier to use than just
printing the datasheet. Reports can also group data for
calculations like counts and totals.
- Report Header/Footer
- A section of a report. The Report Header appears before
anything else in the report. The Report Footer follows the last
record and above the Page Footer.
- Report Wizard
- A sequence of dialog pages that lead you through the process
of creating a report.
- A set of cells that runs across the page to the last column.
- row height
- The height of the cells in the row. All cells in the same row
must have the same height.
- row source
- The table, list, or query that is the source for the choices
in a Lookup list.
- RTF format
- Rich Text Format. A document format for word processing
documents which retains a lot of the formatting of the document.
Formatting that is specific to a particular word processing
program will be lost but such things as font, font size, color,
indentions are kept.
- You run a query to display the datasheet of records that the query picks
out. When an action query runs, the action is actually
- running sum
- An accumulation of values from record to record. Each record
adds its value to the sum of the values in the previous records.