- To confirm as acceptable, appropriate, or correct.
- Validation Rule
- A property set in the Table Design view-
- Table: The validation rule for a table applies to the
table's records. A record will not be saved unless it satisfies
the validation rule. Such a rule may involve several different
fields in a comparison or calculation.
Field: The validation rule for a field is applied when
the field's value is saved. An entry will not be saved unless it
satisfies the rule.
- Validation Text
- A property set in the Table Design view -
- When a validation rule is violated, a message box displays
the Validation Text, which should explain what kinds of values
- View: Datasheet
- A view where you see the records as a set of rows and columns.
- View: Design
- A view where you can add, delete, move and otherwise edit a
form, report, or data access page.
- View: Form
- A view where you can see a form with data displayed.
- View: Layout Preview
- A view of a report which uses sample data. Records may not
actually be in the groupings shown. It is for the purpose of
seeing how the sections are laid out.
- View: Page
- A view where you can see a data access page with data
- View: Print Preview
- A view that shows the whole document, page by page, as it will
- View: Report
- A view where you can see a print preview of a report with all