For each question, click on the radio button for your answer. You will be notified immediately whether your choice is correct or not. Double clicking may work better in some browsers.
Choose the BEST answer.
1. To open the File menu using the keyboard you would press the key(s) _____.
a. CTRL + F
b. SHIFT + F
c. ALT + F
2. To open a view of files and folders that shows the folder tree, from the desktop you can _____.
a. double-click the desktop
in a blank area
b. double-click the My Computer
or Computer icon
c. right click the My Computer
or Computer icon and choose Open
d. right click the My Computer
or Computer icon and choose Explore
3. The correct way to remove a USB flash drive is to first _____.
a. close all documents on the drive that are open and then remove the drive from
b. close all documents on the drive and then click the Safely Remove Hardware
icon in the Notification area of the Task bar and select the drive from the list
c. to click the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the Notification area of the Task
bar and select Eject from the list
to click the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the Notification area of the Task
bar and select the drive from the list
4. To expand a branch of the folder tree you would _____.
a. click on the folder name in the folder tree
b. click on the or of the branch
c. click on the or of the branch
d. none of the above
5. The length of a file's name under versions of Windows later than Win98 _____.
a. is limited to 11 characters
b. is limited to 255 characters
c. is not limited in length
d. can contain only one space
6. To remove a file or folder you would _____
a. drag it out of the window
b. select it and press the DELETE key
c. select it and press the keys CTRL + DELETE
d. right click on the file or folder and select Cut
7. Which of the following is a legal Windows file name?
a. myreport:April 1998.doc
b. letter to Mom\vacation.txt
d. May 15 meeting minutes.doc
8. When typing a document, to remove a character on the right of the cursor you would _____.
a. press the DELETE key
b. press the BACKSPACE key
c. double-click what you want to remove
d. hold down the SHIFT key and press the BACKSPACE key
9. The error message to the right usually means that you tried to save to removable media but _____.
removable disk is not in the drive or is not connected to the computer
removable disk is not formatted
removable disk drive is broken and must be replaced
removable media in the drive was formatted for a different type of computer
10. In a File Explorer or Computer window by default, if a selected folder in the folder tree contains both folders and
files, the folders are shown _____.
a. in the Contents pane after the files, in alphabetical order
b. in the Contents pane before the files, in alphabetical order
c. in the Contents pane in alphabetical order along with the files
d. only in the folder tree with the files showing in the Contents pane
e. none of the above
Teachers: Request permission to use this site with your class
a local copy with no ads? - Download
Want to help?
~~ 1 Cor. 10:31 ...whatever you do, do it all for the
glory of God. ~~
Last updated: September 23, 2018