For each question, click on the radio button beside your answer. You will be notified immediately whether your choice is correct or not. Double clicking may work better.
1. Auxiliary storage is _____.
used to store work while it's being processed
for hard copy only, like a filing cabinet
is another name for primary storage
is used for work that is not being processed
2. The amount of data that can be stored on a disk depends in part on_____.
the thickness of the magnetic coating
the number of tracks on the disk
the rotational speed of the disk
none of the above
3. The most commonly used auxiliary storage device(s) is/ are _____.
a filing cabinet
CD/DVD discs and tapes
disks and removable storage devices
tapes and hard
4. To protect the data on a USB flash drive, you can _____.
slide the write-protect
it from your keychain using the drive's cap
the file attributes to Read-Only
5. Access time (the time it takes to access data) depends on _____.
all of the above
6. Formatting a disk _____.
erases all data on the disk
makes a backup copy of the data on the disk
moves the data around on the disk to save space
7. To care for data on disks you should do all of the following except ____.
avoid exposing disks to high heat
avoid exposing disks to dust and smoke
avoid bending the disks
keep the disks near magnets to keep the magnetic charge strong
8. A gigabyte is equal to _____.
a thousand kilobytes
1024 x 1024 megabytes
a million megabytes
9. Tape storage is primarily used for _____.
installing new programs
rarely used software
10. The type of auxiliary storage which uses a laser is _____.
Teachers: Request permission to use this site with your class
a local copy with no ads? - Download
Want to help?
~~ 1 Cor. 10:31 ...whatever you do, do it all for the
glory of God. ~~
Last updated: September 23, 2018