For each question, click on the radio button beside your answer. You will be notified immediately whether your choice is correct or not. Double clicking may work better.
1. The path that data travels between two computers is NOT called a _____.
none of the above
2. Twisted wire, coaxial cable, and microwave are types of transmission _____.
3. Fiber optics have the advantage of _____.
being cheaper to install
being easier to install than twisted wire
having no interference
using direct line-of-sight
4. A modem is used to _____.
incoming analog signals to digital signals and outgoing digital signals to
b. connect two computers using telephone lines
c. connect two computers using a satellite uplink
d. connect a computer to a shared printer
both a and b
both b and d
5. The line that is most often used for telephones is _____.
6. To move a copy of a file from one computer to another over a communications channel is called _____.
7. A LAN is a _____ network.
8. Sharing of hardware resources like a scanner could be done with _____.
all of the above
9. In a File-Server arrangement, the PC _____.
does the processing of the data into information
does none of the processing of data into information
searches the server for data
sends the results of a search to the server
10. An airline reservations network would most likely be in a _____ configuration.
Teachers: Request permission to use this site with your class
a local copy with no ads? - Download
Want to help?
~~ 1 Cor. 10:31 ...whatever you do, do it all for the
glory of God. ~~
Last updated: September 23, 2018